Calgary-based Publications on Community Development
Over the last several years, United Way of Calgary and Area and FCSS, The City of Calgary have been contributing to CD knowledge through their Work in Progress series of articles. Click on the links below to access local up to date information on this series:
- A Survey of Fiscal-Sponsorship Practice in Calgary (2009)
- Community-Leadership Development (2010)
- Agencies: A Way of Working In Neighbourhoods (2011)
- Reflective Practice: A Way of Learning (2013)
- Community Leadership (2010)
Calgary Demographic Information
Collective Impact Initiatives:
Vibrant Communities Calgary (VCC) is a non-profit organization that works collaboratively, with various stakeholders and partners, seeking to engage Calgarians and to advocate for long-term strategies that address the root causes of poverty in Calgary. VCC is now guiding the continued implementation of the Enough for All collective impact strategy.
First 2000 Days Early Childhood Development Network is a collaboration of individuals and organizations, joined by a common goal: All children from conception to six are supported by family and community in order to reach their optimal development.
All In for Youth is a city-wide initiative focused on school completion. The initiative aims to reduce the high school dropout rate in Calgary by 50% by 2017.
Additional articles and initiatives:
- ImagineCalgary: The voice of 18,000 Calgarians coming together to create a path toward urban sustainability.
- Calgary Public Library: Community Heritage and Family History Digital Library
- CNS Strong Neighbourhoods Initiative Theory of Change: City of Calgary, Community & Social Devleopment Program
- Community Social Development Program – CSW Core Service Competencies: City of Calgary
- Social Return on Investment (SROI): FCSS, City of Calgary: Understanding SROI
- 1,000 Voices: Strengthening the Fabric of North of McKnight Communities